Friday, November 27, 2009

Another year another marathon













On March 7, in no doubt baking Catalonian heat, I'll be running the Barcelona Marathon to raise money for Laburnum Boat Club.


The club, which celebrated its 25th birthday recently, is a vital and much love part of the local community.

It's Co-ordinator, Jim Armstrong, has devoted a quarter of a century to giving children who face real challenges in their life a place to come and make friends as well as learning canoeing and sailing skills.

If you don't know about them check out their website at www.laburnum.org.uk

I'm proud to be associated with them in even this small way.

This will be the fourth marathon I have run for Laburnum in as many years and we hope to raise £1,500 this time. Every penny raised will go to the club and I know it will be well spent.

If you are able to donate please go to www.everyclick.com/jonathanmcshane or contact me direct.


Thanks in advance.

No comments: